Example

Friday, August 18, 2006

Ugh

I suppose it’s a side effect of being sex-positive that you end up being suckered into taking nude pictures of your fifty-something roommate.

It’s a very funny thing. I gradually revealed this side of myself to him over the summer that we’ve been living together. He asked a lot of questions, and I found myself answering more truthfully than I do with most people.

But now, he’s decided that I’m the most open-minded person he’s met in a while, and he wants me to take pictures of him. In the buff. God only knows why.

I mean, I’m totally cool with nakedness in the abstract. If you want to take naughty pictures of yourself, be my guest. I do it myself, and enjoy it. But somehow, this attitude doesn’t translate into me wanting to see his...anything. I was going to put something more graphic there, and I just CAN’T EVEN BRING MYSELF TO WRITE IT. I’m no prude, not by a long stretch, but this squicks even me.

I guess part of it is the creepy factor. I’m only in this house with him for just over a week more, so it’s not that big of a deal, but I can’t help thinking that this is his attempt to get in my pants. My intuition in these matters is rarely wrong, so I can’t ignore it. I’m not afraid he’s going to rape me or anything, but I feel as though I’m being put into a very awkward situation. But I’ve made myself out to be so open-minded that I’d feel like a hypocrite if I backed out.

It’s harmless, really. I guess I’m just freaked out because I’ve never seen a guy over 25 naked in real life, ever. And it’s just so bloody weird! I would never ask someone who wasn’t either my boyfriend or a professional to take naughty pictures of me. It’s too fraught with potential problems.

So, should I do it? That question is probably moot since I’ve already agreed to it. Maybe I can take pictures with my eyes shut.

Or maybe I can just buy him a tripod and teach him how to use the self-timer. That’s what I did before my photographer-cum-darling came into the picture.

Sigh. One more reason to be ecstatic that I’m going back home soon.

1 Comments:

Blogger Tara Tainton said...

ha! Sounds like something I'd find myself asked to "help" with just because of the known nature of my own work/blogging. Yet, I haven't been in quite that situation. Just chalk it up to your ongoing sex education and try to ...forget the images left in your head. ;)

7:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home